• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Women are under-represented in STEM careers, especially in engineering fields. Anushree Bag started with a master’s degree in electrical engineering and has risen in her career to currently serve as executive director, Enterprise GRC and Resiliency Services for the Indiana Office of Technology. She also founded Government Women in Technology (GWIT), a platform to support women in their technology careers. In this Q&A, she shares her thoughts and experiences on creating an inclusive culture where women can thrive.
Q: In 2020, you founded Government Women in Technology in Indiana. What inspired you to create this first-of-its-kind state initiative? There are so few of us in this field, so I wanted us to have a safe space where we could find each other — a place that gives us identity, a community and a common purpose to help each other be successful. I wanted a platform where we can get inspired by each other’s successes and also learn from each other’s mistakes. I wanted a thriving, supportive and uplifting environment where women feel enabled, empowered and elevated. Last but not least, I’m a big fan of Seth Godin, who wrote Purple Cow: Transform Your Business by Being Remarkable. Seth says the key to success is to find a way to stand out — to be the purple cow in a field of monochrome Holsteins. Women have served in technology roles in state government for years, sometimes decades, but no one thought of starting a group like this. I was absolutely new to state government, but I thought creating our own platform would be a great way for us to stand out.
Continue reading: https://www.govtech.com/sponsored/creating-fertile-ground-for-women-in-stem

Reactions: Brianna White