• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Here’s an acronym that has gone from high thinking darkroom nerd zone ether to everyday common lingo and even general conversational fodder over a latte on a sunny afternoon with some friends. Artificial Intelligence or AI, this acronym seems to have evolved into the general public lexicon and is persuasively become a hot selling point for almost all electronics. Most of us see it every day now. It’s a listed feature that makes things “better than.”It’s the new “smart” term for technology and is wrapped into machine learning. It’s in TV and print ads, on stickers selling the new devices in the appliance store and even used when talking about your car or home.
But how many people even understand what it means? I don’t mean by dictionary term or industry term either. What does it mean in the relatable big picture? Or when you’re talking about it from the proverbial 20,000-foot view. Seriously, what does AI mean to your neighbor, your grandma or children? What about that buddy that rarely, if ever, looked at a dictionary (but has immense knowledge of long-forgotten Blockbuster film titles and has an undying love for all that is Sci-fi)? What’s their take on it?
It’s worth the ask if you haven’t yet. You’ll get a really good chuckle, trust me. Or at least you’ll be regaled into a lengthy conspiracy theory based on loose knowledge that has been drawn from the ever-accurate source of the internet, and it will most likely liken itself to some outer-worldly dystopian future that ends in misery. Oh internet, how your feeds make me laugh. Either way, it’s an enlightening experience hearing what people outside our industry think AI means, and furthermore, what it’s doing for us — or to us. (Que the creepy Sci-fi audio track here). Don’t get me wrong here; this dystopian craziness could happen. Billionaires like Elon Musk have sunk millions into thwarting attempts at war machine AI robotics. But let’s focus here.
Continue reading: https://www.ravepubs.com/artificial-intelligence-in-av/

Attachments

• p0007797.m07441.artificial_intelligence.png
    p0007797.m07441.artificial_intelligence.png
    238 KB · Views: 36
Reactions: Brianna White