• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
If I were to ask someone why they chose a career in information technology, I doubt they would respond with “I love data entry!”, “I could debug code all day long!”, or “Handling tickets is so much fun, I’d do it even if I didn’t get paid for it.”
3 IT tasks that can be automated with AI
Fortunately, AI can help. Here are the top three ways AI can help automate manual IT tasks, thereby freeing up precious resources and benefiting your teams, businesses, and customers.
1. Debugging software
Grace Murray Hopper was a Navy rear admiral and computer programming pioneer who worked on the Mark II computer at Harvard in the 1940s. On September 9, 1947, Hopper traced an error with the Mark II to – of all things – a dead moth in the relay. The insect’s remains were taped in the team’s logbook with the caption, “First actual case of a bug being found.”
While Hopper and her team weren’t the first to use the term “bug” to describe a system glitch, they certainly helped popularize it. Of course, software bugs are decidedly unpopular. IT departments and software engineers have all felt the pain of toiling over lines of code trying to reproduce and locate problems.
To be as good as human engineers, an AI tool would need to possess levels of reasoning and creativity it simply hasn’t yet reached. But AI can still be tremendously effective in exception and anomaly detection. You train it on normal usage and it detects when something is off.
Continue reading: https://enterprisersproject.com/article/2022/1/artificial-intelligence-top-3-it-automation-tasks

Attachments

• p0006710.m06359.cio_automation_ai.png
    p0006710.m06359.cio_automation_ai.png
    86.2 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: Brianna White