• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
M. Christine Gibbons remembers when women were even less represented in tech fields than they are today. Gibbons has been a venture investor for more than 25 years, and she credits her upbringing for her choice to pursue an industry considered non-traditional for women. “My father was a traditional man of the 1950s and 1960s, but he always made me feel that I could do anything,” says Gibbons. “He was such a great proponent of mine that I didn't really feel like there were barriers. I just sort of blindly went into these male-dominated industries.”  Christine Gibbons.  Now chief administrative officer at Canton-based machine cooling and lubrication company Fusion Coolant, Gibbons is a local tech leader in an industry where women are still dramatically underrepresented. Gibbons is quite aware of the challenges of being the only woman in the room. She jokes about not being aware of being the sole woman at a conference until she realized there was a long line for the men’s restroom and the women's restroom was empty. “I just figured those were the cards that I was dealt and I would figure it out and work within those constraints,” Gibbons says.
Continue reading: 
https://www.secondwavemedia.com/concentrate/features/womenintech0617.aspx

Attachments

• p0005791.m05446.priya_gogoi_02_1600.jpg
    p0005791.m05446.priya_gogoi_02_1600.jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: Brianna White