• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
I have always been fascinated by the idea of an open-source, decentralized internet where computers work on a decentralized network. As a programmer, I am always looking for new ways to expand my knowledge and find something that will fuel my passion. I stumbled across Web3 at the beginning of this year and it quickly became one of my favorite places online to learn about cryptocurrencies, blockchain technology, Ethereum smart contracts, and more.
I first heard about Web3 from a podcast called Ether Review. In this episode, Joshua Davis explained Web3 and why everyone needs to be a part of the decentralized internet. Here is the excerpt that grabbed my attention:
“The internet that we have today is something that was designed for very centralized things… As we’re seeing with net neutrality, as we see with different large companies using their power to monopolize areas of the internet, really change the internet into something that’s not what it was meant to be; something that’s not open and free in the same way that Tim Berners-Lee created it. So what we’re seeing is decentralized technologies being developed to, in a very similar way to the internet, be open and free and allow developers to build applications that aren’t controlled by an individual company or a company who can use their power and control to manipulate things in a way that benefits them.”
These words resonated so strongly with me. Web3 is everything I dreamed the internet could be — open, trustworthy, and decentralized. From that day forward I started devouring every piece of knowledge I could find about Web3.
Continue reading: https://medium.com/@arnas2222arnas/an-introduction-to-web3-a20dfd8f61f7

Attachments

• p0007653.m07299.1_6naquynonjnknji0lie8_g.png
    p0007653.m07299.1_6naquynonjnknji0lie8_g.png
    1,021.7 KB · Views: 35
Reactions: Brianna White