• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
I first started my advocacy efforts for women in tech in 2009 by raising my hand at an IEEE International Microwave Symposium (IMS) steering committee meeting and requesting to learn more about the society’s Women in Microwave Engineering (WIM) efforts. After learning that prior WIM sessions were social events attended by only a handful of folks (mostly male, I was told) in a small, windowless conference room after show hours, I decided it was time to get more involved to bring a spotlight to this event and try to inspire and empower other women colleagues within the society. 
Little did I realize that my first steps into learning more about WIM back in 2009 would turn into more than a decade of advocacy that would take me around the world, making new connections in Japan, China, Israel, and India (to mention just a few) and helping to broaden WIM into the vital organization it is today. 
Flash forward to the current day, and I’ve been with Cadence now for a little more than two years. By the time I joined the company by way of a merger and acquisition, my IEEE actions were already ahead of me and had resulted in an early outreach by Cadence’s Women in Tech (WIT) affinity group to get involved. And while I’ve been spearheading our networking activities within the company for the past two years and doing anything and everything I can in a virtual way, from fun online social events, to zoom keynote presentations from our executives (e.g., president and CEO Anirudh Devgan), to webinars with inspiration and insight from noteworthy women internally as well as externally, I am looking forward to networking in person before too long. 
Continue reading: https://alltogether.swe.org/2022/04/advocating-for-women-in-tech/

Attachments

• p0007810.m07454.new_project_66.png
    p0007810.m07454.new_project_66.png
    31.9 KB · Views: 36