• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
There is no disputing the privacy trend. It is here. It is unstoppable. And it is one of the few issues in American life that crosses party lines.
Data shows that 86% of people care about privacy for themselves and others — with 79% willing to act on it by spending time and money to protect their data. And to those cynics who say people moan about privacy and do nothing, the same study found that 47% have taken action because of a company’s data policies.  
What does this mean for the trillions of dollars that flow through the U.S. economy as a result of the very same privacy violations that are enraging consumers? It appears to be a tectonic conundrum; consider that Meta conceded that Apple’s change in its privacy rules has and will cost them billions.
But for companies suffering from the effects of Apple’s shift to opt-in from opt-out, artificial intelligence could be a solution.
Protecting privacy while allowing the economy to flourish is a data challenge. AI, machine learning, and neural networks have already transformed our lives, from robots to self-driving cars to drug development to a generation of smart assistants that will never double book you.
There is no doubt that AI can power solutions and platforms that protect privacy while giving people the digital experiences they want and allowing businesses to profit.
What are those experiences? It’s simple and intuitive to every Internet user. We want to be recognized only when it makes our lives easier. That means recognizing me so I don’t have to go through the painful process of re-entering my data. It means giving me information — and yes, serving me an ad — that is timely, relevant, and aligns with my needs.
Continue reading: https://venturebeat.com/2022/05/08/5-ways-ai-can-help-solve-the-privacy-dilemma/

Attachments

• p0007935.m07576.ai_privacy.jpg
    p0007935.m07576.ai_privacy.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 36
Reactions: Brianna White