• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
With a background in engineering and computer science, Sibiu-born Monica Obogeanu’s journey into the tech startup ecosystem began by attending How to Web in 2011, which she describes as “eye-opening”. Fast forward +10 years, she is the Startups Programs Manager at Orange Fab, the first corporate accelerator in the country.
“Orange Fab was an interesting challenge for me as I understood what startups are going through while bringing me closer to my background and learning more about the technical side,” Monica Obogeanu tells us.
Help yourself so you can support others next
Monica’s professional journey was accelerated when she applied for a job at How to Web, the first Romanian tech startup conference, launched in 2010. They were looking for a blog editor, she wasn’t into software testing, the job keeping her busy at the time, so she booked a one-way ticket to Romania’s capital.
As a Millennial, she sometimes felt the job-hopping itch, but different management responsibilities kept her evolving as a jack of all trades. That is until she became a mother. After her maternity leave ended, she wanted the safety and liberty of the corporate world, as you will discover in the interview below.
This is a story about the importance of seizing opportunities and having the possibility of attending conferences with international speakers. With what goal? Personal evolution, so you can then support the development of communities all around the country.
“Sibiu is focused on automotive when it comes to the people who are graduating from the computer science faculty. So, it’s difficult for a student to get a glimpse of other domains and opportunities,” she shares.
Continue reading: https://therecursive.com/corporate-independence-after-10-years-in-tech-monica-obogeanu-orange-fab/

Attachments

• p0009196.m08765.monica_obogeanu_orange_the_recursive_2.jpg
    p0009196.m08765.monica_obogeanu_orange_the_recursive_2.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 84