• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Steve Aoki knows revolutions. As a teenager, before he was old enough to drive a car, he belonged to a community of “punk and hardcore kids” who played loud music in their basements. “We’re like, this music’s not meant for everyone,” he says now. “But it’s meant for people who care.”
The kids kept playing their music. “We’re [bloody] serious, we’re dedicated,” Aoki says. “And every single person in that room is a contributor.” They were building something. And each of the kids, metaphorically speaking, “had to pick up the bricks, had to pick up the axes, had to pick up and contribute.”
So they built. They contributed. They ignored the doubters and they created. Now, decades later, Steve Aoki is at the forefront of the EDM revolution, easily one of the most recognizable and prolific DJs on the planet. And once again he’s feeling that revolutionary spirit. “Now I’m 44 and I’m like, holy [crap], I feel like I’m 14 again,” says the DJ.
His latest revolution is crypto. “I’m a crypto guy,” says Aoki. “I love crypto. I believe in it. It’s the future.” This is why you constantly see Aoki involved with Web3 projects, such as minting non-fungible tokens (NFT) or creating his own “A0K1VERSE” in the metaverse (including the just-launched “Steve Aoki’s Playhouse” in The Sandbox), and launching new leagues in Draft King’s Reignmaker crypto fantasy football. The man seems to be half music, half crypto.
In a wide-ranging interview, Aoki opens up about why Web3 will become “an inevitable way of communicating,” how he can collaborate on music with just about anyone (including maybe Elon Musk?), why he thinks the price of ether (ETH) could reach $15,000(!), and why the doubters of Web3 should “never underestimate a group of people that’s yelling for change.”
Continue reading: https://www.coindesk.com/layer2/2022/10/04/im-a-crypto-guy-why-steve-aoki-believes-in-web3/

Attachments

• p0009195.m08764.aqjjeyisrjcy5cats5ql3bdqom.jpg
    p0009195.m08764.aqjjeyisrjcy5cats5ql3bdqom.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 59
Reactions: Brianna White