• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
YARMOUTH, Maine—As part of Security Systems News’ and the Security Industry Association (SIA) Women in Security Forum’s (WISF’s) continuing series highlighting the contributions of women in security, this month’s feature is on Stephanie Weagle, Chief Marketing Officer for encryption company Atakama. Weagle’s role involves “driving and executing the company's go-to-market strategy, product and market positioning, demand generation, partner and field marketing, customer advocacy, strategic events, brand presence, and communications programs,” she told SSN.
The following is an exclusive Q&A with Weagle:
SSN: How did you get into and what inspired you to stay in the security industry?
WEAGLE: The vast majority of my marketing career has been in the cybersecurity, IT networking, and physical security space. I specialize in early-stage companies that are looking to accelerate market adoption and reach their fullest growth potential.
I did not start in client-side technology marketing. I originally set out to be a digital design and creative professional, seeking to build brands and develop B2C creative strategies. My career path took a detour early on after spending a couple of years on the agency side of marketing. My clients at the time were some of the largest high-tech B2B companies in the Boston area. I was inspired by the way they thought about delivering meaningful technology to their customers. It was through working hand in hand with these external corporate marketing teams that I decided to change course. It was an important lesson to realize that experiences in every role will shape you, build your skills and foster your career growth.
SSN: What has your journey been like in a primarily male-dominated and historically non-diverse security industry?
WEAGLE: Undoubtedly, there continues to be a lack of women in technology, and even more so in the cyber and physical security industries. Throughout my years of professional experience, the positive experiences along the way have far outweighed the negative ones as it relates to respect, collaboration, and the ability to pursue opportunities and take on new challenges. I have been fortunate enough to experience diverse workforces along the way.
Continue reading: https://www.securitysystemsnews.com/article/women-in-security-feature-stephanie-weagle

Attachments

• p0008666.m08260.d6a383d0e8bd2a40ab9daa5e7a0ab6ce.jpg
    p0008666.m08260.d6a383d0e8bd2a40ab9daa5e7a0ab6ce.jpg
    434.8 KB · Views: 60