• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
If you’ve read part one of this series, the words “Web3,” “NFT,” “blockchain,” “non-fungible” and others don’t seem as out there as they did before. (And if they still seem a little fuzzy in your brain, read again for a refresh).
Why is a social media professional so excited about all of this stuff?
In 2021, I began to dabble in buying NFTs. It was fun to learn something new, to jump into the wild west and stake a claim for women in a heavily male-dominated space. After a while, however, it became less about investing and the chase for that diamond-in-the-rough project, and more about seeing how the NFT communities worked.
It really did remind me of the early days in social media, when your “friends” were really friends and organic posting wasn’t stifled by algorithms. Plus, I started to notice how many brands were riding the wave right along with me. That’s when I realized that a wave of social media changes was coming – and I needed to start helping people get ready for them.
In my last post, I touched on one of the reasons that certain NFTs hold more value than others, and that reason is the strength of the community surrounding the collection.
Let’s take a glimpse into why this matters for you. Imagine a world where you own your data – not Facebook, not Twitter – and you decide when and how to share it. Imagine a world where a brand wants you to like or share a social media post, but you want some kind of return on that investment of space on your accounts, and the time it will take. Imagine being a part of a community board for a brand where you help determine features of the product and even the price.
Welcome to how community works in NFTs.
There are many brands embracing the NFT community – Gucci, Adidas, Nike, Shopify, Bose and more. If you haven’t started to think about NFTs in your marketing mix, you’re a step behind even the Vatican! Ad Age even keeps a running list of brands using NFTs.
Plus, these NFT communities are the birthplace of future brands. Think of them like Kickstarter campaigns for the next Oculus Rift.
Continue reading: https://www.prdaily.com/how-web3-and-nfts-will-change-social-media-forever/

Attachments

• p0008636.m08235.istock_1365200314.jpg
    p0008636.m08235.istock_1365200314.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 42
Reactions: Brianna White