• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Over the past two years, we have all drastically reassessed our relationship with work. Am I doing what I really love? Am I inspired each day? Do I feel supported by my company? For Martina Wetterhorn, strategy managing director for Accenture in Sweden, landing a career she adores has been a long road, paved with hard work and strategic decision making. She is precisely the kind of woman ELLE loves to speak to: one who has built a career in tech – a traditionally male-dominated industry – with the help of mentors and sponsors, and who is now using her platform to support an inclusive and diverse team.
We picked Wetterhorn’s brain for her tips on making it in the competitive, high-stakes world of technology – from the importance of embracing collaboration to the complicated art of achieving a healthy work-life balance.
Embrace collaboration
As a strategy managing director at Accenture, Wetterhorn is often juggling multiple high-priority tasks at any given time. The key to productive time management, she says, is to embrace collaboration. This can be done through simple methods, such as promoting ongoing dialogue with your team via chat forums and other instant-messaging technology. But it can come from bigger changes too.
‘I think it’s a big time-saver to share your thinking with your team instead of keeping it to yourself,’ Wetterhorn says. ‘Being open and transparent ahead of time means you get useful feedback early, which will allow you to easily course-correct where needed.’ This often means trusting your team with projects, and avoiding any dreaded micromanaging. ‘Collaborating openly with your peers and colleagues is key,’ she says.
Seek out the right workplace
You can be the most talented person in the room but it won’t matter if your workplace isn’t set up to recognize your potential. That’s why Wetterhorn says finding a company with values that align with yours – one that prioritizes your career development – is essential.
Continue reading: https://www.elle.com/uk/life-and-culture/a39309962/accenture-career-advice-martina-wetterhorn/

Attachments

• p0008627.m08226.accenture_elle_comps_v4_1648567383.jpg
    p0008627.m08226.accenture_elle_comps_v4_1648567383.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 56
Reactions: Brianna White