• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Despite increased corporate commitments to diversity, equity and inclusion, sustained social movements, and large investments in early education STEM, women are still underrepresented in tech. According to a recent study, women hold only 5% of leadership positions in the tech sector and, based on a recent Statista study, women make up only around 25% of CIOs across industries.
Women are also underrepresented as entrepreneurs, despite many studies showing that female-founded startups outperform those founded by men. Women-owned businesses make up only about 20% of all employers according to the U.S. Census Bureau. And that number could shrink due to higher female unemployment and a greater proportion of women leaving the labor market due to the COVID-19 pandemic. 
With that as a backdrop, it is not surprising that, while I work alongside more female peers and clients now than in the past, it’s still not uncommon for me to be the only woman in a room. Over the years, I’ve found ways to challenge stereotypes about gender, champion my perspective to flourish in my career and ultimately appreciate some of the opportunities that come along with being the only woman in a work setting.
This perspective helped me become my firm’s first female Cloud & Digital Strategy & partner, sponsor a number of female colleagues and mentees and lead many of our women’s initiatives in the firm. I’d like to share a few of the perspectives and other tips that have helped me. I hope my learnings help you, too.
Here are my takeaways from being the only woman in the room:
Continue reading: https://www.techopedia.com/are-you-the-only-woman-in-the-room-use-it-to-your-advantage/2/34814

Attachments

• p0008573.m08176.only_woman_in_the_room.jpg
    p0008573.m08176.only_woman_in_the_room.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 46