• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
While there’s been meaningful progress, cultural and societal expectations continue to have a dampening effect on the number of women in leadership positions.
Less representation at the executive and board levels creates unique challenges for women. This is magnified in tech, which has traditionally had far fewer women in top management roles.
Some modern organizations are proactively working to address this imbalance, but many women struggle to deal with challenges like unfounded concerns about their technical abilities, being overlooked for opportunities because of gender or biases based on race, age, and appearance, and imposter syndrome that keeps marginalized but well-informed female experts from engaging with peers.
As a woman in the software tech industry for over 20 years, I’ve seen it all firsthand and I’m extremely fortunate to work for a company now that truly provides equal opportunities for all. To help other women succeed in that world, I’d like to share what I’ve learned along the way.
Continue reading: https://fortune.com/2022/03/30/women-tech-careers-bias-gender-gap-priya-rajagopal/

Attachments

• p0007446.m07094.gettyimages_1141464027_e1648659322483.jpg
    p0007446.m07094.gettyimages_1141464027_e1648659322483.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 42
Reactions: Brianna White