• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Imagine you’ve just turned on your computer and it suddenly tells you all about itself. What it is, what it can do and all its capabilities.
“The more humans share with me, the more I learn,” it says. “I come in many forms as artificial intelligence. Many companies utilize me to optimize their tasks. I can continue to learn on my own. I am listening. I am learning. I am making predictions on your life right now.”
After hearing this, how would you feel about your data and the protection of your data on the internet, in the cloud and on social media?
When I recently watched the PBS documentary Coded Bias, these phrases were sprinkled throughout the film and instantly grabbed me. The movie was an eye-opening look at the discrimination of women in facial recognition, as well as racial bias in facial recognition algorithms. Personally, I felt this film sparked an incredibly important conversation for the technology sector: it urgently needs diverse and underrepresented backgrounds to contribute to the development of AI and ML.
AI is meant to help make people's lives more productive, efficient and comfortable–but I believe it needs to be built for everyone to achieve this goal. Currently, the lack of diversity allows for a one-sided view behind AI algorithms, which impact people’s daily lives and help them make all kinds of decisions, from insurance options to loan choices.
Right now, women represent about 18% of C-suite-level executives across AI companies. According to a 2020 World Economic Forum report, only 26% of the data and AI positions in the workforce are women.
Continue reading: 
https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesbusinessdevelopmentcouncil/2022/03/24/diversity-is-key-to-the-future-of-ai/?sh=929f4937d6d8

Attachments

• p0007374.m07022.960x0_92.jpg
    p0007374.m07022.960x0_92.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 37
Reactions: Brianna White