• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Today’s woman in Tech: Marta Vasconcelos, software engineer, SingleStore
With an academic background both in design and software engineering, I’ve been working as a software engineer for almost 4 years. I’m Portuguese but I’ve recently moved to Dublin. I’m passionate about sports, books, and tech. Currently working as a software engineer at SingleStore, where I contribute to building our web-based tools for users to manage their databases.
When did you become interested in technology? What first got you interested in tech?
I believe I’ve always been interested in technology. My father is an engineer and I still remember him offering me a kid’s engineering kit to get a radio and a motor working. As a kid, I spent hours on my computer creating PowerPoint presentations with animations, interactive buttons, images, and music. I had so much fun! I also remember joining a robotics club when I was 8 years old and I just loved to create the robot in Legos and then connect it to the computer to have it moving around the classroom. That was a real deal for a 90s kid!
Let’s talk about your background. How did you end up in your career path? What obstacles did you have to overcome?
My initial choice was to study design and multimedia. I was passionate about video, photography, and web design so it felt right for me. I really loved this experience, but as soon as I started to know how to code, things have changed for me. As I discovered programming and web development, I understood that this was the path I wanted to take. The bachelor’s degree program I was taking was designed to have a lot of computer science courses such as Databases, Artificial intelligence, Programming, and Software Engineering. When I took the Software Engineer course, I completely fell in love with the whole process of software development – going from requirements, tests, coding, and delivering the product.
Continue reading: https://jaxenter.com/women-in-tech-vasconcelos-176836.html

Attachments

• p0007353.m07001.ek_wit_2048x848_60901_v1_vasconcelos_768x318.jpg
    p0007353.m07001.ek_wit_2048x848_60901_v1_vasconcelos_768x318.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 37
Reactions: Brianna White