• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Today’s Woman in Tech: Mey Beisaron, infrastructure developer at Forter
When she is not spending her weekends at Hackathons she talks at tech conferences about Functional Programming, Clojure, game development, oraAlgorithms. (She has talked at more than 12 tech conferences over the past year). Mey loves to develop games and learn languages such as Russian, Italian & Scala.
Mey is also a sworn Star Wars fan.
May the force be with you.
When did you become interested in technology? What first got you interested in tech?
Taking the wrong course in college is how I fell in love with coding.
In my first semester in college, I registered myself to the wrong course and ended up going to a C language course that was part of the Software Engineering curriculum, although I was in Material Engineering. It was love at first sight although I had NO background in coding. By the end of that semester, I joined Software Engineering and graduated 4.5 years later.
Let’s talk about your background. How did you end up in your career path? What obstacles did you have to overcome?
Landing my first job was the hardest step.
During technical job interviews, I got comments like “You’re too funny for a programmer “ or “Why don’t you go work in styling or teach something you’re so colorful and chatty.”
I thought these comments were because I wore the “wrong” outfit so I bought a pair of black pants, a black t-shirt and fake glasses. (I even posted it on my Instagram page).
That did not help. Eventually, I landed my first job when I interviewed wearing a pink dress. What actually helped was being 100% ready for the technical questions part and not giving up.
Continue reading: https://jaxenter.com/women-in-tech-beisaron-176855.html

Attachments

• p0007298.m06946.ek_wit_2048x848_60901_v1_beisaron_768x318.jpg
    p0007298.m06946.ek_wit_2048x848_60901_v1_beisaron_768x318.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 45