• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Intel engineer Ingrid Liao understands the unique challenges that women in tech face.
Tell us a bit about what you do and what a typical day looks like. I’m an epitaxy technology development engineer at the Ronler Acres, Oregon D1 site, overseeing film deposition tools that deposit epitaxial source and drain layers onto our wafers. Every day I make sure my tools are working properly and validate my tools’ deposition quality by evaluating different quality charts. I also make sure that communication is aligned with the equipment technicians who help with our projects and daily tasks.
Did you always know you wanted to work in technology? How did you decide to go into engineering? I was intrigued by science and technology concepts at a young age but never thought I would pursue a career in engineering. I dedicated a lot of my time pre-college to ballet lessons, dance teams, playing in orchestras at school and in the Southern California region, being a part of the marching band, taking viola and piano lessons. I got repeated (minor) injuries from over-dancing and playing instruments. Eventually, I realized that it wasn’t a practical career path for me after high school. When I took my first high school chemistry class, I fell in love and realized that it was the major I wanted to pursue in college.
After taking multiple STEM classes as an undergraduate, I grew a liking to physical chemistry and multivariable calculus, then combined it with my passion for creative arts and looked for applications in the real world. Luckily, I met my research professor, who introduced to me the concept of photolithography patterning on semiconductor substrates in my Statistical Mechanics and Kinetics class, which led me to pursue a higher degree in Materials Science and Engineering.
Continue reading: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/why-future-tech-must-women-150109682.html

Attachments

• p0006212.m05870.include_women.jpg
    p0006212.m05870.include_women.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: Brianna White