• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Half of women in tech feel the industry is a boys club, but more than 60% are seeing signs of progress in spite of that. 
According to a new study from AnitaB.org, a nonprofit that works to advance women in computing and holds the Grace Hopper Celebration, women in tech are still feeling the effects of being a minority in their field. Although tech companies have made some moves in the past several years to create a more diversified and inclusive industry, women still facing plenty of challenges, particularly during the pandemic.
"There are women who were worried that their bosses would start to think, 'Oh, I saw a little girl on your lap. I heard you say that your school's closed. I know you've got three kids.' In their minds they're thinking, 'I've got to prove that this is not going to harm my output,'" said Brenda Darden Wilkerson, president and CEO of AnitaB.org.
Fifty-three percent felt they needed to prove their worth to their employers, particularly during the upheaval of COVID-19, including advocating more for themselves. 
Continue reading: https://www.cnet.com/news/the-tech-industry-is-a-boys-club-new-report-says/

Attachments

• p0005443.m05109.women_in_tech_boys_club.jpg
    p0005443.m05109.women_in_tech_boys_club.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 62
Reactions: Brianna White