• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
It might be time to let the computers take over.
That is, let them take over the parts of the recruiting process that just aren't working. In a labor shortage, artificial intelligence may be a useful tool for businesses that need to fill open positions, fast, in part by opening the recruiting net wider. Admittedly, A.I. technology has known pitfalls. In 2018, for instance, Amazon made headlines when its A.I.-powered hiring algorithm was revealed to prioritize male candidates. But, as the technology has evolved, new companies have found ways that A.I. can actually improve diversity and inclusion in hiring, all the while getting candidates in the door faster than manual methods.
The key: A.I. is not meant to fully automate the hiring process, and most companies that use it stress the importance of pairing high tech with a more human interview process. When used strategically, A.I. recruiting tools have the potential to make hiring less of a pain point--and these companies may help you more quickly fill your open roles.
Eightfold AI
Best for: People actively searching for jobs
Most businesses that are currently unable to fill posts say their problem is that they can't find candidates who have the appropriate skills and experience. The skills mismatch is an issue that Mountain View, California-based A.I. company Eightfold AI aims to solve. "With our underlying global data set, we are able to determine who is capable of doing the job, not just who has already done the job," says president Kamal Ahluwalia. 
Continue reading: https://www.inc.com/rebecca-deczynski/artificial-intelligence-hiring-companies-labor-shortage-great-resignation.html

Attachments

• p0005438.m05104.gettyimages_1127196658_484671_je5srk.jpg
    p0005438.m05104.gettyimages_1127196658_484671_je5srk.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: Brianna White