• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Sarah Mascher Wallace, a diversity, equity and inclusion program analyst at CBRE, founded the Women in Tech group at the University of Iowa.
Sarah Mascher Wallace considers herself an accidental IT professional. She was studying math when she accepted a student job at the University of Iowa’s ITS Help Desk, which led to a full-time job in the IT department. But her interest in tech has always been running in the background.
“When I was growing up, I’d figure out how to use our home computer and then teach my mom,” she said.
Some parts of her career have been strikingly similar to those moments growing up. As an app developer (and later a business intelligence analyst) at the U of I, one of her tasks was to take work that was being done on paper and transform it into a digital process. But for that to be successful, she had to patiently teach people how to use the apps she developed.
Continue reading: https://www.thegazette.com/special-sections/her-take-on-women-in-technology/

Attachments

• p0005087.m04755.gazette_logo_black.png
    p0005087.m04755.gazette_logo_black.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: Brianna White