• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Today’s Woman in Tech: Kate Sills, Lead Software Engineer at Agoric
Kate Sills is a Lead Software Engineer at Agoric, a JavaScript-native smart contract platform and PoS blockchain. Kate leads the development of Agoric’s smart contract framework, which is called Zoe. With an interest in economics and law, she has been a columnist for the Cato Institute and was previously a board member of the Tezos Commons Foundation. She graduated from the University of California at Berkeley with a degree in Computer Science.
When did you become interested in technology?
My dad is a farmer, but he also wrote computer programs for the family farm, mostly land-leveling programs in MS-DOS, that would figure out where to take dirt and move it most efficiently to level a field for the right slope. When I was about eight, I saw him working and asked if I could do it too. I wrote a few programs: one that played Mary Had A Little Lamb using computer tones and another that was a choose-your-own-adventure text-based game. But after that, I pretty much stopped programming, because I couldn’t see a direct application in my life. I did a little bit of blogging with a modified WordPress install, but I didn’t do any intensive programming outside of my own website until college.
Continue reading: https://jaxenter.com/women-in-tech-sills-175532.html

Attachments

• p0004976.m04645.ek_wit_2048x848_60901_v1_sills_768x318.jpg
    p0004976.m04645.ek_wit_2048x848_60901_v1_sills_768x318.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 70
Reactions: Brianna White