• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Named one of the Most Influential Women in UK Tech and Most Influential Women in Cybersecurity, Sarah is also a firm supporter of female representation in technology industries. She is regularly booked for corporate conferences and events, to speak from the perspective of a woman in business and highlight the importance of diverse thoughts.
With the support of The Female Motivational Speakers Agency, we sat down with Sarah to learn more about digital transformation, cybersecurity and workplace diversity.
You have been the Chief Security Advisor at Microsoft Europe since 2020, what has been your proudest achievement in this role?
For me, I actually joined Microsoft one week after the UK went into lockdown. So I’ve actually spent my entire Microsoft career to date from this very office! It’s been quite interesting for me to be literally in the middle of a global pandemic, joining a new company, but also seeing the inner workings of Microsoft.
Throughout everything going on, we had to keep Microsoft up as an entity – Microsoft has over 160,000 people worldwide. But they also had to make sure the current customers were supported, and that’s all of the global Cloud and the data centers and all of those types of things. Because of the pandemic, we’ve seen a massive acceleration to the Cloud as well, particularly collaboration sites like Teams, and those types of things.
Continue reading: https://www.maddyness.com/uk/2021/08/25/microsofts-sarah-armstrong-smith-on-cybersecurity-digital-transformation-and-diversity/

Attachments

• p0004436.m04108.sarah_armstrong_smith.png
    p0004436.m04108.sarah_armstrong_smith.png
    127.8 KB · Views: 94