• Welcome to the Online Discussion Groups, Guest.

Please introduce yourself here. We'd love to hear from you!

If you are a CompTIA member you can find your regional community here and get posting.

This notification is dismissable and will disappear once you've made a couple of posts.
  • We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Kalpana Behara has over 20 years of experience working in leading tech companies like NIIT, Google, Facebook, and Uber.
Kalpana believes, over the years, the constant challenge was to grow with the industry and survive the hypergrowth of every company she worked with.
Speaking of one experience, she says, “During one of my assignments, I was assigned to train a group of senior network tech teams to move their legacy systems to opensource systems. In under five minutes of walking into the classroom, I was asked to leave as I did not fit the profile of someone who is considered experienced in the industry.”
Despite these obstacles, Kalpana worked her way to the top.
In her current role as Head – Digitisation, GSS at Uber, Kalpana manages content curation, validation, and review across all product lines.
She believes working at Uber has been a life-changing experience.
Kalpana explains: “I was strongly attracted to solve the operational problems of managing millions of entrepreneurs in the form of our driver-partners and transporting people safely. As a power user of the product myself, it gives me immense pride hearing the stories of driver-partners where the company has allowed them to earn and prosper and riders whose life has become easier and stress-free. Uber taught me to innovate at lightning speed while not losing sight of the ability of the product to build and strengthen communities.”
Continue reading: https://yourstory.com/herstory/2021/08/women-tech-digitisation-assets-uber/amp

Attachments

• p0004401.m04074.feature_images_1629625437904.png
    p0004401.m04074.feature_images_1629625437904.png
    95.7 KB · Views: 118
Reactions: Kathleen Martin